Indian Meal Moth
How to tell if you have Indian meal moths
- Look in nearby food products such as pet food, birdseed, cake mixes, biscuit mixes, muffin mixes, spices, powdered milk, nutmeats, cornmeal, crackers, insect and rodent baits.
- Use a magnifying glass and flashlight to help with the inspection.
Upon identifying an infestation, DO NOT tidy up any evidence just Contact Us and we will help/advise with the next step in preparing a eradication program.
The program will consist of :-
- We would start with a thorough inspection of all known and suspected spots where they might be hiding.
- Customer to try get a sample us to identify.
- We only carry out a treatment when a confirmed infestation is present as this is the correct thing to do for many reasons, but the main one is cost savings. There is no point in paying to try and kill something that is not even present.
- Identifying the insect species causing the problem.
- We will ask you to start by removing all infested products, cleaning and vacuuming all areas to pick up any loose debris/insects
- Education explaining the life cycle and how their habits, habitat and behavior affects the control plan.
- Treating affected areas by using safe an effective control products.
- Scheduling a follow-up visit if required.
Practice strict sanitation measures. Thoroughly clean storage facilities beforehand by use of a strong suction vacuum cleaner to eliminate favorable development places. Inspect stored foods routinely and eliminate any dampness or high humidity conditions. Eliminate rodents, birds, and other insects as spider beetles feed on feces and dead insects.
- Keep buildings in good physical condition to reduce entry.
- Rotate food and nonfood stock; move out oldest stock first.
- Identify species correctly.
- Removing the infested material and thorough cleaning with a vacuum is usually sufficient. As a precaution against reinfestation, store susceptible foods in tightly sealed glass, metal or heavy plastic containers or in the refrigerator or freezer. Always inspect susceptible food items before purchasing.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.