If you are experiencing regular cluster fly problems we are able to offer treatment to destroy the current cluster fly generation.
How to tell if you have cluster flies
- Cluster flies will start entering buildings during the autumn to escape the colder weather and to survive the winter. When the weather starts becoming warmer in the spring they will become more active again and will be more noticeable.
- Cluster flies are usually found in rural or semi-rural areas and can be found in loft spaces or sometimes in unused rooms, or around sash windows.
- They are usually seen in large groups and will often be noticed around sunny windows.
Upon identifying an infestation, Contact Us will help with the next step in preparing an eradication program.
The program will consist of:-
We would start with a thorough inspection of all known and suspected spots where they might be hiding.
- We only carry out a treatment when a confirmed infestation is present as this is the correct thing to do for many reasons, but the main one is cost savings. There is no point in paying to try and kill something that is not even present.
- Identifying the insect species causing the problem.
- Education explaining the life cycle and how their habits, habitat, and behavior affects the control plan.
- Treating affected areas by using safe effective control products.
- We use an Ultra low volume sprayer machine that works by compressing pesticides through a specially designed nozzle, producing a fine cold mist or aerosol.
It is extremely difficult to prevent cluster flies entering a property. Fly proofing a building is not 100% effective. However, caulking around windows, and sealing obvious entry points can help.
It has been observed that a single building in a row of apparently identical buildings will be selected for clustering year after year. This is no indication of poor hygiene standards and no explanation for the phenomenon has been found.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.