Confused Flour Beetle
How to tell if you have confused flour beetles
Even though these stored product pests prefer to feed on flour products, they will attack a broad range of food items. Inspection is a must.
- Look in nearby food products such as pet food, birdseed, cake mixes, biscuit mixes, muffin mixes, spices, powdered milk, nutmeats, cornmeal, crackers, insect and rodent baits.
- Use a magnifying glass and flashlight to help with inspection.
- If you are seeing adults then you more than likely have an infestation
Upon identifying an infestation, DO NOT tidy up any evidence just Contact Us and we will help/advise with the next step in preparing an eradication program.
The program will consist of :-
- We would start with a thorough inspection of all known and suspected spots where they might be hiding.
- Customer to try get a sample us to identify.
- We only carry out a treatment when a confirmed infestation is present as this is the correct thing to do for many reasons, but the main one is cost savings. There is no point in paying to try and kill something that is not even present.
- Identifying the insect species causing the problem.
- We will ask you to start by removing all infested products, cleaning and vacuuming all areas to pick up any loose debris/insects
- Education explaining the life cycle and how their habits, habitat and behavior affects the control plan.
- Treating affected areas by using safe an effective control products.
- Scheduling a follow-up visit if required
All Stored product pests cause tremendous damage and economic losses to stored grains and seeds, packaged food products, and animal and plant-derived items and products. Besides causing direct damage by feeding.
As there is no easy way to tell if any product you have purchased is infested when you bring it home. It is advisable to buy some air-tight ‘Tupperware’ type of containers, and transfer all your stored products into these as soon as possible after purchase, so that if a product is infested, the insects will not spread to other foods. Food stored in this type of container will be protected from infestation.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.