Australian Spider Beetle
- Look in the nearby food product.
- Use a magnifying glass and flashlight to help with the inspection.
- Infested items often will contain adult weevils as well as dead adults.
- Adult spider beetles are minute oval or cylindrical insects with long legs resembling giant mites or small spiders.
- Products will be damaged.
Upon identifying an infestation, DO NOT tidy up any evidence just Contact Us and we will help with the next step in preparing an eradication program.
- Customer to try get a sample for us to identify.
- We only carry out a treatment when a confirmed infestation is present as this is the correct thing to do for many reasons, but the main one is cost savings. There is no point in paying to try and kill something that is not even present.
- Identifying the insect species causing the problem.
- Education explaining the life cycle and how their habits, habitat, and behavior affects the control plan.
- Asking for you to throw away all infested food products
- Treating affected areas by using safe effective control products. using a ultra low volume spray in loft spaces and a residual insecticide spray. A follow up visit will be required as the sprays only kill the adults leaving the eggs , follow up visits are carried out over a period of 3 months to allow eggs and pupae to become larvae and adults.
- Scheduling a follow-up visit if required.
Practice strict sanitation measures. Thoroughly clean storage facilities beforehand by use of a strong suction vacuum cleaner to eliminate favorable development places. Inspect stored foods routinely and eliminate any dampness or high humidity conditions. Eliminate rodents, birds, and other insects as spider beetles feed on feces and dead insects.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.