How to tell if I have Hornets.
Identifying a wasp nest can be straightforward
- The nest can be found in tree trunks, bushes, sides of buildings, barns, attics, hollow walls.
- They have a distinctive orange abdomen with brown stripes
- Distance yourself from what you think is a wasp nest and watch for a short period to see if wasps are actually going in and out of a hole
- It could be that wasps have found a food source in the area, you will be able to establish a flight path to see where the wasps are going to and from
- If you are finding wasps on a daily basis indoors there is more than likely a nest in the building ( Loft area, cavity wall)
- Wasps don’t always build nests in roofs so be careful whilst investigating check all areas for example Shed, Around compost bins Do not lift the lid playhouse or equipment, holes in trees, under patio slabs and wooden decking, bird boxes, and the list could go on.
- If you are still unsure then I would recommend contacting ourselves to come and investigate further
We are professionals please do not try and removing/killing them as this can be very dangerous to reduce this risk to yourself and others Contact Us and we will help with the next step in preparing a wasp eradication program.
The program will consist of:
- We would start ask you close all windows, doors and keep children indoors to reduce the risk of you and your family getting stung.
- We will call at your property and firstly carry out a thorough inspection to see if you have more than one nest.
- As safety is always first we will only tackle Hornet nest wearing full protective equipment.
- We will Treat affected areas by using safe and effective Hornet control products.
- In most cases, the customer does not require to be home as we treat most nests from the outside entrance of the nest as this is where most activity is.
- As lofts are confined spaces and nests are very difficult to get to as they might be right into the eaves making it difficult to treat, we only access this as a last resort as its more effective treating them from the outside.
- The nest does not need to be removed.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.