How to tell if you have Cat fleas
- Scratching of the animal especially in the areas of the head neck and tail areas
- Bites in humans that may cause itching
- Animal may have bold spots.
- Fleas may be seen.
Upon identifying an infestation, contact us and we will help/advise with the next step in preparing a eradication program.
The program will consist of :-
- We would start with a thorough inspection of all known and suspected spots where they might be hiding.
- Customer to try get a sample us to identify. If no sample is found we will place a flea monitor trap.
- We only carry out a treatment when a confirmed infestation is present as this is the correct thing to do for many reasons, but the main one is cost savings. There is no point in paying to try and kill something that is not even present.
- We will ask for you to remove all items from the floor for easier access.
- We will advice you to carry out flea control on all animals and wash all bedding above 60 degrees and do not allow animals back in until treated with an approved flea product.
- Prior to treatment, it is advisable to vacuum the entire house and empty vacuum contents into outside bin.
- Treating affected areas by using safe effective control products.
- After treatment has been carried out its advisable not to wash or vacuum your floors for at least 7-14 days to allow the chemical to kill newly hatched fleas.
- Check pets regularly.
- Watch out for the fleas themselves, their eggs (small, glistening, and oval) or their droppings (tiny black specks).
- You will need to part the fur in several places so you can see down to the skin, or stand your pet on white paper and comb it backwards – you will see the specks fall onto the paper.
- Wash pets’ bedding every four to six weeks.
- Vacuum clean the house regularly, paying particular attention to where the carpet meets the wall, and where pets regularly use.
- Treat pets regularly with an insecticide for fleas, following the instructions carefully.
- Flea collars are a good deterrent and last for several weeks.
- Tablets and drops are now available which protect your pet for longer periods. Contact your vet for advice.
Please see some recent feedback.
SHELLEY SANDERS, DARWEN
JAQUEY WALL, ACCRINGTON
ROGER O’MAHONEY, HOLME CHAPEL
ELIZABETH HOLT, NELSON
NATALIE FOSTER, BLACKBURN
FRAN BYRAM, BURNLEY
Book Your Free Pest Evaluation Today
Book your free, no obligation site inspection today and one of our technicians will contact you to arrange a visit to your property at a time and date that suits you. Same day service available at no additional cost. Please complete and submit the form below or call us on 0800 002 9062 and one of our agents will assist you further.